Kathi entered our Facebook Contest and won!
She is heading to Walk with Me 2018 with free registration!
“When I saw the chance to attend your conference, I had to enter. I’ve been a “Well Being Advocate” for seniors for some time now. From being employed at a main stream Seniors’ publication to volunteering with CARP and starting a Seniors’ Facebook page as a hobby. I look forward to meeting some of you like minded people in March!”
Don’t miss your chance to attend!
WALK WITH ME REGISTRATION GIVEAWAY | OFFICIAL RULES
By participating in the Walk with Me Registration Giveaway (the “Challenge”), each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to abide by and be bound by all decisions of Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging and the Capital Care Foundation (collectively, the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Challenge and the awarding of the prize, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
There is one (1) prize available to be won:
Registration for one (1) individual to attend Walk with Me (the “Conference”) being held in Niagara Falls, Ontario (the “Destination”) on March 5-6, 2018.
The Challenge is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry. In the event that an entrant is not legally capable, his or her legal guardian or individual authorized with power of attorney must submit the entry on behalf of the entrant. Excluded from eligibility are the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities“), and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) or households (whether or not related) of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives.
- The Challenge runs from 12:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 13, 2017 to 8:00 pm ET on December 1, 2017 (the “Challenge Period”). To be eligible, entries must be received during the Challenge Period.
- To enter, ‘like’ the Walk with Me Registration Giveaway post pinned to the Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging’s Facebook page. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The usernames of entries will be entered into a pool and one entry will be randomly selected by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
- By entering, you agree as follows: (i) you acknowledge that your name and/or Facebook username may be displayed by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion but without obligation; and, (ii) you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relates in any way to Sponsor’s use of the entry.
- Promotion Entities, the Conference and its sponsors are not responsible for any entries that are lost, misdirected, or undelivered.
- Sponsor will select the winning entry by December 8, 2017. Winners must accept the prize and register for the conference before December 30, 2017. Selected entrant(s) will be notified by direct message through Facebook. In order to be declared a winner, selected entrant must respond with email and/or phone number to notification of selection within seven (7) calendar days of first attempt by Sponsor, and sign and return to Sponsor a written declaration and release form, confirming compliance with these Official Rules, releasing the Promotion Entities from any liability in connection with this Challenge or the use, misuse, awarding or possession of any prize, and consenting to Sponsor’s use of their name, photograph, image, statements regarding the submission, place of residence and/or voice, in any and all media, for publicity and promotional purposes without any type of remuneration for this and any future conferences (the “Release”). In the event that a winner is not legally capable, winner’s legal guardian or the individual authorized with his or her power of attorney will be required to ratify the Release.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. Maximum value for Prize is $500. No cash or substitutions available for Prize. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equivalent monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
- Any other costs or expenses associated with the Prize not specified herein will be the responsibility of selected winner, including without limitation travel, accommodations, communication charges, room service, gratuities, optional tours, insurance, travel documents and medical supplies/equipment. Sponsor will not be responsible if weather conditions, event cancellations, or other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent the prize or part of the prize from being fulfilled, and winner will not be entitled to compensation in lieu thereof. Winner must have no restrictions/limitations on his/her ability to fully participate in the prize or the prize may be forfeited, in whole or in part and may, at the Sponsor’s discretion, be awarded to an alternate entrant.
- Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Challenge, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules.
- The personal information you provide to Sponsor is collected and used solely for the purposes of Challenge administration and prize fulfillment, including without limitation to process your submission, maintain records pertaining to this Challenge, to keep you informed about the process and to select a winner. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information. If at any time you no longer wish to be contacted, please contact email@example.com.
- By entering the Challenge, the entrant releases the Conference and Promotion Entities from any and all claims, liability, losses or damages, costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever which arise out of or result from the entrant’s participation in the Challenge and/or in connection with the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, and waives all rights to any recourse in this respect.