About the Schlegel CLRI
As a program of the RIA, the Schlegel Centre for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (CLRI) aims to catalyze system transformation through research-informed practice change and innovation in workforce preparedness. Changing demographics are putting increasing pressure on health care costs and funding for the health care system to the point that it will not be sustainable for the future. In the face of these demographics and an already resource-limited system, the only solution is innovation.
- Ministry provides base funding for Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (August 2017 announcement)
To learn more about Schlegel CLRI activities:
- Schlegel CLRI Resources and Events
- Innovation in Learning
- Innovation in Research-to-Practice
- Schlegel CLRI 5-year 2011-2016 Highlights Summary
- Ontario CLRIs 2016-2017 Achievements
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) has created 3 Centres of Excellence for Learning, Research and Innovation (CLRI) in Long-Term Care. These Centres are located within the Schlegel, Baycrest and Bruyère organizations. The Centres are mandated to enhance the quality of seniors’ care in the long-term care sector through education, research, innovation, evidence-based service delivery and design, and knowledge transfer.
Learn more about the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation (CLRI).