RIA is pleased to offer a variety of products, resources and services. Please check back frequently as the list of available materials will be growing. If you have questions about anything that you see here, please feel free to contact us.
Education & Training
- Culture Change Guidebook and Coaching Services – Working Together to Put LIVING First shares the story of how one long-term care and retirement living organization (Schlegel Villages) partnered with a research team at the RIA to embark on a unique culture change journey. Coaching services customized to support your organization are also available.
- Excellence in Resident Centred Care (ERCC) – This professional development course is ideal for anyone working in the senior living sector to enhance their skills and knowledge using a resident-centred approach.
- Leadership Program for Long Term Care and Retirement Living – This continuing education program focuses on essential leadership capabilities that are in demand for today’s leaders in the senior living sector.
- Living Classroom Implementation Guide – This guide provides information and tools for long-term care homes and post-secondary educators (e.g., community colleges) who have an interest in collaborating to create shared learning environments for personal support worker education and development.
- LIVING the Dementia Journey – This research-based philosophy and training program focuses on supporting the well-being of persons living with dementia across the continuum of care. It builds on the culture change movement, and emphasizes living life to the fullest from the perspective of people living with dementia and their partners in care.
- Move More – This program was developed to target sedentary behaviour and promote physical activity of any kind. By shifting the way people think about and approach physical activity will make it more achievable for older adults and others with mobility challenges.
Memory & Aging
- Memory Clinic– An inter-professional program providing early diagnosis, treatment and support for problems associated with memory loss, offered by the Centre for Family Medicine.
- MAREP Resources – Educational tools for individuals, families and caregivers living with Alzheimer’s & Dementia.
Nutrition for Healthy Aging
- Recipe Resource for Healthy Aging – The purpose of this resource, created by RIA’s Agri-food for Healthy Aging program in partnership with the University of Guelph, is to provide a selection of recipes that feature Ontario-grown foods and cater to the needs and preferences of old
- Nutrition & Aging Think Tank – In 2014, RIA and the Agri-food for Healthy Aging program brought together researchers and key stakeholders from across the globe to discuss nutrition in long-term care.
- Functional Foods for Healthy Aging: A Toolkit for Registered Dietitians– Available on RIA’s Agri-food for Healthy Aging website, provides definitions of functional foods, regulatory information, detailed explanations and case studies of labels found on common products.
- Tips for Better Pureed Foods– Developed by RIA’s Agri-food for Healthy Aging program, provides recipes and tips for production of texture-modified foods.
- Nutri-eSCREEN– EatRight Ontario’s online nutrition screening tool for older adults. Developed by Schlegel Research Chair Heather Keller in collaboration with Dietitians of Canada.
- CHOICE+ Checklists – Two tools were created as part of the CHOICE+ program (a training program designed to improve the mealtime experience in long-term care) to help teams in long-term care enhance the dining environment and person-centred practices.
- Mealtime Satisfaction Questionnaire – to understand residents’ preferences and satisfaction with mealtimes
- Additional resources to support nutrition and mealtimes for older adults.
- Multi-Faith Practices: Guidelines for Caregivers – This guide is a user-friendly resource to help team members in retirement and long-term care homes understand the traditions and practices of six major religions: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism.
- RIA’s Having the Conversation Resource Guide – A guide for later-life care planning for family members. Bulk printed copies are available
- BP Bloggers – Myth busting newsletter that provides evidence-based information on various care issues to the long-term care sector