The Leadership Program for Individuals engages current and aspiring leaders in an innovative education program to build their leadership capabilities and empower them to mobilize their organization’s vision, mission and values.
The 6 courses of the Leadership Program are based on the 6 capabilities needed for leaders in aging care settings:
This leadership program meets the requirements for a program of instruction for Administrators in the Regulations under the Long-Term Care Homes Act. It can be adapted for aspiring leaders in home care, continuing care, specialized geriatric services, and acute care.
This 180-hour (6 courses over 8 months) certificate program is jointly offered between Conestoga College and the Schlegel CLRI. It focuses on enhancing 6 core leadership capabilities and a multitude of essential skills. All the courses are delivered online via webinars and also require students to attend 5 In-Class one-day workshops onsite or remotely online.
- May 17, 2018 – March 11, 2019 (Conestoga College Doon Campus) (View flyer)
Contact Regina Dryngiewicz (519) 748-5220 ext. 3635
We encourage persons interested in registering to take advantage of the Schlegel CLRI’s bursary which makes the registration fee for those from Ontario LTC homes $1250 instead of the standard $1820 fee.
Consider your Benefits:
- Integrates leadership and management capabilities
- Learners build Personal Leadership Portfolios
- Delivered through a hybrid learning format (mixture of in-class and online):
- Interactive online learning resources
- Engaging webinars and videos
- Individual and group learning activities
- Expert speakers and case studies
For more information:
Program Registration: Regina Dryngiewicz | Phone: (519) 748-5220 ext. 3635
General Program Information: Mary-Lou van der Horst | Phone: (905) 541-0656
Supported in part by funding from the Government of Ontario to the Schlegel Centre for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (CLRI)