This 3-Part Webinar Series will deepen the knowledge and skills of participants who work and deal with staff performance, conflict, and complaint situations in long-term care. This series will be of value to those leaders or managers wishing to deepen their understanding of destructive workplace behaviours and their impacts, and new thinking and applied methods that can help turn around unhealthy workplace environments so people can thrive, grow and contribute. It’s about building a workplace culture for desired outcomes.
Coaching for Performance: Understanding the Meaning of Work
Date: Monday, November 27, 2017, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- Examine workplace performance and how workplaces can promote people to do their best or erode human potential.
- Explore the importance of meaning in our work and understanding people come to work with not only hands but also hearts, minds and spirits.
Conflict Management: Turning Workplace Conflict into Opportunity
Date: Monday, January 22, 2018, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- Explore the basis of why teams become dysfunctional.
- Examine ways to resolve workplace conflict through positive and opportunistic actions.
Complaints: Finding the Value in this Gift
Date: Monday, February 26, 2018, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- Explore workplace complaints and why they always seem to
land on your doorstep.
- Examine how to make each complaint be a gift to improving
To register, please contact:
Regina Dryngiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-748-5220 ext. 3635
The delivery of this webinar series is funded by the Government of Ontario through the Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care in partnership with Conestoga College.