Conestoga College and the Research Institute for Aging are excited to partner with you in delivering Excellence in Resident-Centred Care training in your organization.
Together, we’re working to achieve Better Care and Better Outcomes.
The key outcome of ERCC is to promote best practices that are consistent with Ministry standards in senior’s care environments. ERCC has been developed to help your teams achieve Better Care and Better Outcomes using a person-centred, train-the-trainer approach to advance practice development. Through ERCC, LTC homes and those who work within them can expect to realize the following benefits:
- Better resident care outcomes
- Consistent approach to care
- Increased self-confidence
- Increased job satisfaction
- Increased staff retention
Five features make ERCC unique:
1. Practical care skills are taught within a resident-centred framework.
2. Visually enhanced learning objects bring course content to life.
3. Highly interactive course allows students to directly apply the content to their practice.
4. Course delivery uses a peer-led train-the-facilitator model where PSWs are trained to deliver the modules to their peers.
5. Graduates receive a course certificate from Conestoga College.
Supported in part by funding from the Government of Ontario to the Schlegel Centre for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (CLRI)