The Schlegel Centre for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care and the RIA co-hosted the third Culture Change Exchange on
Thursday, March 16th, 2017
In-Person at the Centre of Excellence for Innovation in Aging in Waterloo, Ontario and via Online Live-streaming
Culture Change Exchanges are interactive events with many from Ontario long-term care homes and others across Canada participating in-person and online! They aim to educate, support and inspire individuals and organizations to shift away from institutional, medical models of care toward social models that embrace living.
Featuring Daniella Greenwood
Strategy and Innovation Manager, Arcare
Plus Dr. Allen Power
Schlegel Chair in Aging and Dementia Innovation, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Rochester, and Certified Eden Alternative Educator
and Agnes Houston
MBE 2016, Churchill Fellow 2016, Edinburgh Exchange Fellow, and Dementia Alliance International Board Member
View the agenda (all times are EST)
- Opening Remarks – Josie dAvernas – RIA
- Relationships in Long-Term Care – Daniella Greenwood – Arcare
- Dementia & Sensory Changes – Agnes Houston – Fellow & Dementia Advocate
- Pugs Not Drugs The Sequel – Kami Johnson & Cathy Hu – Lakeland & Pinehaven
- Our Willed Future – Pamela Kulas – Victoria Manor
- Taking Flight – Cathie Schalk & Chartwell Travelling Road Show
- Balancing Autonomy & Risk A Relational Approach – Dr. Al Power – RIA
- Discovering Our Best – Carrie McAiney & Sherry Dupuis – PiDC Alliance
- Closing remarks – Kate Ducak & Chelsea White – RIA & SCLRI
- March 2017 Culture Change Exchange photo album
- Building Relationships at the 3rd Culture Change Exchange
Contact Chelsea White, Schlegel CLRI Project Officer with any registration or payment questions at email@example.com or 519-904-0660 ext 4116.
Get in touch with Kate Ducak, Culture Change Project Officer at the Schlegel CLRI and RIA with any other questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-904-0660 ext 4107.
Check out the Schlegel CLRI Resources and Events webpage, sign up for Walk with Me e-news, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates about this and our other culture change events and resources.
Presented by the Schlegel Centre for Learning, Research, and Innovation in Long-Term Care, a program of the Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging.