The objectives of RIA are to:
- Translate research to practical training applications for caregivers.
- Develop innovative evidence-informed programs and disseminate to the health care system and general population throughout Ontario, Canada, and Internationally.
- Contribute up-to-date content to curricula in colleges and universities, training people for careers in seniors' care.
- Provide education and training related to health and well-being of older adults and their families.
- Develop a research knowledge base to improve care in community-based and Long Term Care environments.
- Involve researchers, educators, caregivers, seniors and families in the research process and in training program development and implementation.